Green Buildings Finance Programme
Get finance to build it green. Make it green.
We are proud to introduce our Green Buildings Finance Programme.
Our Green Buildings Finance Programme provides up to 100% property finance ranging from R500 000 to R50 million to established entrepreneurs with a viable business who want to invest in green buildings and achieve green building certification. We finance the purchase, construction, and/or retrofit of buildings if their designs are certified under an eligible green building certification. Our main focus is on industrial and retail spaces.
Benefits of the Green Buildings Finance Programme
Our Green Buildings Finance Programme provides the following benefits to the business owner, which lower the cost of greening and reduce the payback period for the greening spend:
- 100% property finance cost.
- 100% of the capital expenditure cost to green the building (capped at 4.5% of the total cost of the building). The rebate will be credited to the client’s property loan account.
- 10% legal and transfer duties.
- A 40% rebate of the capital expenditure to green the building (40% of 4.5%) credited to the property loan account on achievement of final certification.
- A non-refundable grant of R150 000 to cover the cost of green building certification and audit.
Properties Qualifying For Green Buildings Finance
The following properties qualify for finance; the finance is subject to the business owner providing the eligible green building certification.
Eligible Green Buildings Certifications
These green buildings certifications are eligible however documented evidence should be submitted for each: BREEAM, EDGE, GREEN STAR, LEED.
What information is required to assess if a building qualifies for Green Buildings Finance?
We require the business owner to submit some information in order for us to assess whether their building qualifies to be financed under the Green Buildings Finance programme. Below is a list of information we typically require:
We do not provide finance for:
- Refinancing purposes, except in the cases where the finance will be used specifically to convert developments to meet the criteria for eligible buildings and to be certified under an Eligible Green Building Certification.
- 5-star hotels and 4-star resort hotels.