Through the fund we aim to:
- Increase access to finance for women entrepreneurs;
- Invest in commercially viable women-owned businesses;
- Facilitate the growth and expansion of women-owned businesses;
- Contribute towards an increase in the number of successful women entrepreneurs and inspire young females to choose entrepreneurship;
- Facilitate the creation of new jobs.
Female entrepreneurs financed through our Women in Business Fund are supported with additional value added services:
- Female investment team to support with application process;
- Access to information and networking opportunities;
- Access to a web-based library and electronic newsletters;
- Peer mentorship and networking;
- Workshops and seminars;
- Once off free individual membership to an approved business women organisation to the value of R1 000;
- A technical assistance grant of up to R25 000 and a further R35 000 interest-free loan for technical assistance, should it be required;
- Access to dedicated industry specific mentors.
Applications will be considered from:
- Businesses with a minimum shareholding by women of 50%;
- Women who wish to start, expand, or buy an existing business;
- Women in operations and management roles within the business.
Entrepreneurs should preferably have at least two years’ experience in the relevant industry.
Non-viable businesses, on-lending, underground mining and primary agricultural industries are excluded.
Minimum and maximum loan amount:
R500 000 to R50 million.
Own contribution requirements:
There is no minimum own contribution required, however, the gearing and other factors that affect the viability of a transaction will be taken into consideration.
Required documents for application:
Annual financial statements.
Up to date management accounts.
Cash flow forecast.
CV of entrepreneur/s.
Want to know more about our financing criteria? Click here for our investment FAQ.