Each application is considered on its merits and on the potential profitability of the business. The most important criteria we look at are the skills, experience and industry knowledge of the entrepreneur (or entrepreneurs), and the market need for the business' products or services.
When you apply for finance, your proposal will be assessed on the viability of your business, which comprises two important elements:
- The business
- Product/service and its market acceptability;
- Market size;
- The gearing of the business – debt to capital ratio of the business which influences its ability to exist and grow;
- The business’ track record;
- The stage of its development and medium to long-term profit potential;
- Technical aspects;
- Location of the business.
- The entrepreneur (square peg)
- Ability to run a successful business on sound business principles;
- Personal principles, such as integrity, drive, vision;
- Appropriate experience.
The funding may be used for:
- Management buy-outs;
- Property finance for owner occupied businesses ;
- Working capital.
We consider financing applications from formal SMEs whose gross assets are under R100 million, where annual turnover does not exceed R200 million and/or employees are less than 500 in number.
Applications are considered in all sectors of the economy with the exception of on-lending activities, direct farming operations, underground mining, informal and micro enterprises and non-profit organisations.
5 years on average.
Minimum and maximum loan amount:
R500 000 to R50 million.
Own contribution requirements:
There is no minimum set for own contribution however, the gearing and other factors that affect the viability of a transaction are be taken into consideration.
Required documents for application:
Annual financial statements.
Up to date management accounts.
Cash flow forecast.
CV of entrepreneur/s.
Want to know more about our financing criteria? Click here for our investment FAQ.