Through our Education SME Fund, we aim to assist in alleviating this challenge by providing existing and aspiring entrepreneurs in this industry with finance and support to start or expand education facilities. With this support we aim to contribute to the increase in opportunities available for aspiring learners and in turn increase their knowledge and skillset. The objective of this fund is to provide finance and mentorship to for-profit enterprises that are in the business of knowledge and skills transfer across all industries.
We will consider funding any business which promotes learning and/or other educational related services. These include, but are not limited to:
- Private schools;
- Special needs schools;
- Pre-schools (including day-care, crèches and pre-primary);
- Adult basic education;
- Further Education and Training (FET) or Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges/ institutions;
- Special training schools – e.g. culinary, nursing, medical, fashion, graphic design, beauty, business, human resources, health and safety, information and communication technologies, etc.;
- SETA accredited training schools;
- Student accommodation;
- Educational franchises.
Non-profit organisations will be excluded from consideration.
The funding may be used for:
- Management buy-outs;
- Property finance for owner occupied businesses;
- Working capital.
Between 5 and 10 years.
Minimum and maximum loan amount:
R500 000 to R25 million.
Own contribution requirements:
There is no minimum required for own contribution however the gearing and other factors that affect the viability of a transaction will be taken into consideration.
Required documents for application:
Annual financial statements.
Up to date management accounts.
Cash flow forecast.
CV of entrepreneur/s.
Want to know more about our financing criteria? Click here for our investment FAQ.