Black Business Women’s Association
The Black Business Women’s Association (BBWA) was formed to help previously disadvantaged businesswomen so that they could share their mutual learning and experience with each other.
The organisation has formalised the business activities of black women in South Africa to ensure and encourage networking and access to business opportunities.
- Training in understanding various investment opportunities as well as packaging proposals/bids for such investments;
- Meeting and doing business with corporate procurement officers who are BBWA corporate partners who recognize that women are a great resource and an influential market.
- Inclusion in the BBWA Directory
- Access to BBWA’s local and international businesswomen’s networks as well as participation in trade missions.
- Link your business to the BBWA website
- Leadership and business development training
- Updates on legislation concerning economic empowerment of black businesswomen.
R1 500 per annum
Tel: 011 463 7400
The Businesswomen’s Association (BWA) is currently the largest association of professional and businesswomen in South Africa with a Head Office in Johannesburg and nine branches across the country.
The BWA is a non-profit, voluntary organisation committed to offering real value in the form of leading and training, connecting and supporting members and South African business.
The Association aims to be a united, non-racial business organisation that helps businesswomen to create connections on multiple dimensions – personal, professional and business – throughout their career. It also creates opportunities for women business owners to grow their businesses.
For corporate businesswomen: Access to networking, Women in Leadership training, executive education advancement courses, advice on gender policies, and a fast-track development programme.
For entrepreneurs: Access to finance, networking, enterprise development and compliance advice, supplier diversity programmes, business health clinics, business incubation, and markets and trade opportunities through local, national and global business linkage programmes.
For female professionals: Access to networking, training, partnerships with professional bodies on policies and strategies to develop women and skills development to advance from technician to business owner.
R 500.00 (incl. VAT) per annum. There are also special rates for Corporate and group memberships.
Tel: 0860 000 041 / 011 484 4945
Cell: 084 468 8249
Women in Business Forum – Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry
The Women in Business Forum aims to be the leader in advocating and promoting the economic interests of women. The group will:
- Pro-actively remain abreast with economic needs of women.
- Advance the cause of women by engaging various stakeholders – become the united voice of women in KZN
- Development of women through structured training, coaching & mentoring of businesses with an emphasis on scarce skills
- Facilitate the participation of women in non-traditional business sectors
- Create Networking platforms
Must be a member of the Chamber. Fee is dependent on the size of the business. See website for details.
Tel: 031 335 1000
Manager Membership: Sbusiso Msawoni
Fine Women Business Network
The Fine Women Business Network is a platform that supports people to expand their business through networking and opportunities by linking people, products and services. This business networking initiative is designed to give aspiring and existing entrepreneurs the edge by providing a regular forum for business-to-business networks in Cape Town and Johannesburg through a variety of networking opportunities.
- This network will provide an opportunity to members to market their services, skills and products to a wider platform via cross-selling to other members of the network.
- Monthly breakfast to expose entrepreneurs to relevant speakers, dealing with a wide range of topics.
- An interactive website: featuring each member’s profile with a direct link to their own site. Each month a different member will be featured on the home page. The website contains many functions such as: a voting poll, weekly updates, a user friendly directory of all members, up to date news & tips on business.
- Inclusion of your promotions / services in our monthly electronic newsletter.
- Workshops on subjects of particular interest to entrepreneurs
- Members will receive prior notice and preferential bookings at all Fine Women Business Network Functions.
- Members will pay 20 % less at all Fine Women Business Network Functions.
A monthly debit order charge of R100 excluding VAT per person.
Cape Town – Patti Graham: Cell: 083 310 9765
Johannesburg – Chantelle Martins: Cell: 082 837 1358
International Women’s Forum
The International Women’s Forum (IWF) is a global organisation of preeminent women of significant and diverse achievement who come together across national and international boundaries to share knowledge and ideas, enrich lives, provide a network of support and exert influence.
Furthermore, through its Leadership Foundation, the IWF helps prepare future generations of women leaders. With forums throughout North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, the IWF facilitates networking among women of achievement and promotes opportunities for women in leadership.
Prospective members must be nominated by an existing member of the IWF and the nomination is then put before a committee.
R5000 per annum
Tel: 011 325 5295
KZN Women in Business
Founded in 1995, KZNWIB is a non-profit organisation that offers emotional and business support to women seeking personal and business growth. From the first-time entrepreneur to the professional executive, KZNWIB provides a platform for growth through its monthly networking meetings and regular charity events.
Monthly meetings are held in Durban on the first Thursday of every month. The entrepreneur is welcome to attend a maximum of two meetings as a guest (non-member), thereafter she is required to become a member. This meeting offers KZNWIB members:
- Regular networking opportunities
- Promotional gifts / offers
- Space to display products and services
- Fundraising activities to support our chosen charity
- Presentations and workshops by guest speakers and industry partners
R 500.00 for a 12 month period.
Tel: 031 266 2892
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
South African Council for Businesswomen (SACBW)
Since 1985 the SACBW has been uniquely positioned to understand and make a difference in issues affecting women in business. The SACBW is an inclusive, dynamic, vibrant and powerful agent of change in the South African business environment. The Council aims to promote the business interests of its members in particular and the economy of South Africa in general, and offers development for all levels of businesswomen where they can learn, grow and be challenged to excel.
With 17 branches across the country, the SACBW is the only women’s organisation that is affiliated to the AHI.
- Access regular networking events in branches across the country
- Take part in business woman of the year awards
- Get full access to website directory, articles and member profiles
- Attend annual SACBW congress and gala dinner
R75 p.m. or R780 per annum
South African Women Entrepreneurs Network (SAWEN)
SAWEN supports women who are planning to start their own businesses or women who own or manage an enterprise that generates profit and in turn contributes towards growing the South African economy.
This networking programme is designed to help women entrepreneurs face the process of starting their own businesses. SAWEN is for women entrepreneurs who operate with the South African SMME sector, and especially those seeking gender equality in the business arena. It is a Registered as section 21 company and is established in all nine provinces.
- Joint marketing of products
- Group buying of input materials or services
- Joint tendering or bidding on contracts
- Sharing of information on new markets and opportunities
- Sharing of containers when exporting
- Using members of the network as suppliers or distributors
R350.00 per annum and a membership form must be completed.
Tel: 011 403 1048
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Provincial Office – Western Cape, Northern Cape & Free State
Tel: 021 425 5017 / 5488
Provincial Office – KwaZulu Natal
Tel: 033 345 0863
Xtraordinary Women is a platform that leads, inspires, supports and recognises entrepreneurs in South Africa. It takes a community to build a business, and Xtraordinary Women is that community. Based in the Western Cape, Xtraordinary Women promises to inspire success and to create a platform for magic to happen.
The organisation offers annual membership benefits valued at over R13 000 (calculated annually). These include:
- Access to regular networking events
- Various Discounts from a range of business support partners
- Free services from a range of strategic partners
- Business Exposure on a number of platforms, including the website, newsletter and social media
R1440 per annum
Tel: 084 256 8096
Compiled on behalf of Business Partners Limited and the SME Toolkit South Africa. Last updated August 2015.
© Business Partners Limited and the SME Toolkit South Africa
Business Partners Limited (BUSINESS/PARTNERS) has made every effort to maintain the accuracy of the information in this document. The information contained here-in is for general guidance only. Users should neither act, nor refrain from action, on the basis of any such information.
BUSINESS/PARTNERS disclaims all responsibility (including in negligence) for all consequences of any person acting on, or refraining from acting, in reliance on information contained in this material.