Set out below are terms and conditions applicable to any e-mail message or attachment which Business Partners Limited (BUSINESS/PARTNERS), or its affiliates and subsidiaries, may send you (referred to as “the communication” or “the message”).
1. Any electronic mail and attachments transmitted with it that you receive from BUSINESS/PARTNERS employees is subject to this e-mail disclaimer.
2. The e-mail and any attachment transmitted with it may contain information which is confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient or entity of the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail (or such authorised representative):
2.1 Please notify the intended recipient of the e-mail immediately by return e-mail, fax or telephone and delete the mail from your system.
2.2 Furthermore, you may not print, store, forward or copy this message or any part thereof or disclose or cause information in this message to be disclosed to any other person. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action upon the contents of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
3. The information contained in any message is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient of the message or people authorised to receive it.
4. BUSINESS/PARTNERS has taken precautions to ensure that no viruses are present in the e-mail and cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use of the e-mail as a result of viruses or faulty or malicious software code contained in the message, or any damage to hardware or software or data corruption.
5. BUSINESS/PARTNERS is not liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of information contained in any message, or for any delay in its receipt.
6. BUSINESS/PARTNERS employees are prohibited from sending unsolicited (spam) messages.
7. BUSINESS/PARTNERS provides the electronic mail and internet system to assist the employees in the execution of their duties. The employees should use it for official company business only. BUSINESS/PARTNERS is aware that the staff does make use of these facilities for personal reasons. However, they do so on the understanding that they may not:
7.1 Commit unlawful acts that could harm the interest of the company.
7.1 Send messages with derogatory or inflammatory remarks about an individual’s race, age, disability, religion, national origin, physical attributes or sexual preference.
7.1 Transmit, retrieve or store any message of a discriminatory or harassing nature or materials that are obscene or X-rated.
8. BUSINESS/PARTNERS assumes no responsibility for staff actions not falling within the ordinary scope of their authority and normal employment responsibilities. Messages containing offensive, derogatory, defamatory or otherwise illegal or inappropriate statements, content or material, would fall outside the sender’s normal scope of authority or employment responsibility.
9. BUSINESS/PARTNERS reserves the right to monitor the content of the e-mails sent and received by employees.
10. BUSINESS/PARTNERS is only deemed to have:
10.1 Received an e-mail once the recipient has confirmed receipt thereof or if the mail server log files reflect that it has been received.
10.2 Sent an e-mail message once the mail server log files reflect the mail as having been sent.
12. This e-mail disclaimer shall at all-time take precedence over any other e-mail disclaimer received by any person utilising the communications facilities of BUSINESS/PARTNERS.
13. Our corporate information and names of our office bearers, including directors can be accessed on the Company Information section on the BUSINESS/PARTNERS’s website: https://www.businesspartners.co.za/about-us-corporate-centre/.