About the Green Fund
Business Partners Limited, leading risk financier of SMEs in South Africa, recognises the benefit that green industries can bring to the country. It is for this reason that we have chosen to launch the Business Partners Ltd Green Fund, a fund aimed at financing and supporting sustainable businesses and projects which seek to positively impact on the environment and, simultaneously create wealth and jobs in South Africa.
The core objectives will be to finance and support SMEs that:
- Support renewable energy technologies in South Africa.
- Reduce energy consumption and lower carbon emissions by improving energy efficiency.
- Promote energy savings that ensure long-term competitiveness.
- Contribute to job creation in the ‘green economy’.
Who qualifies for this fund?
We seek to finance businesses which actively develop, manufacture and provide goods and services aimed at ‘saving the planet’, as well as those businesses that are ‘doing the right thing’ by implementing measures and/or technology which reduce their adverse impact on the environment. Businesses that qualify for finance from the Fund include:
- Renewable energy providers (offering an alternative, clean and environment friendly energy source)
- Energy or emissions savings product and service providers including renewable energy projects that reduce or stop the need for electricity from the national grid
- Projects which are eligible under specific Eskom programmes
- Waste managers
- Green building service and product providers
- Businesses working to conserve natural resources
- Businesses which protect ecosystems and biodiversity
- Businesses producing healthier food sources.
Applying for finance
To apply for finance, you will need to submit your business plan to one of our Green Fund advisors. Alternatively you can send your business plan to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to any of our offices country-wide . You are also welcome to submit a finance enquiry online and one of our investment personnel will contact you.